I recently had to make a dessert for my work Christmas Party. I have a very long commute and I knew I needed to make something that would be quick, easy, and delicious. I stumbled upon this no fail recipe and modified it a little to my liking. I was able to have these done in less than 20 minutes and they were a huge hit at the party. So much so that I didn’t have any leftovers to take home, which was probably for the best. They taste like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and who doesn’t love those?!
Total Time: 20 minutes plus chill time
Yield: 24 Servings
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; give it a few stirs until combined. Stir in sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Press into a greased 8 inch square pan.
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer. Chill 30 minutes; cut into squares. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes longer. Store in the refrigerator.
- Swap Creamy PB for Chunky PB
- Use Dark Chocolate instead of semisweet
- Add a pinch of Sea Salt
- Use crushed pretzels instead of graham cracker crumbs for a saltier combo
Let me know if you give this recipe a try and if you have any other yummy additions!